I am currently a mechanical engineer working on new product design at Fitbit. I work with Creo Parametric to design new parts, use FEA and tolerance analysis to validate the design, and troubleshoot issues and solutions with our suppliers and manufacturers overseas. I also work closely with our cross-functional team: electrical, manufacturing, and reliabilty engineers, as well as UX researchers, industrial designers, and our sourcing teams. I am grateful the opportunity to work on a product which has such a positive impact on so many people’s lives.
Previous positions include:
- Mechanical Engineering Intern, Fitbit (Summer 2015)
- Student Design Aide, Center for Engineering, Innovation, and Design, Yale (2013-2016)
- Industrial Design Intern, Studio Murmur, Chicago (Summer 2014)
- Researcher, Creative Action Lab, Northwestern (with Prof. Elizabeth Gerber) (Summer 2012)
- Business Manager and Tour Manager, Redhot & Blue and Whim ‘n Rhythm, Yale (2013-2016)